Company Overview. Intra-Lock History.
Nano-profilomatry and calcium impregnated
surface is found on all Intra-Lock implants.
The Cutting Edge.
Helical Self-Tapping Configuration
Better Healing From Within.
IntraSpin™, a FDA cleared medical device for
the production of L-PRF™
One connection for ALL implant diameters...
one very special implant system.
InDex™ has multiple implant architectures, both
Tapered and Straight Bodies, included in this internal
connection implant system.
Designed for Extraction
& IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT.
Premier small diameter system features
one-step delivery, Cement-Over Abutments,
multiple tread designs
A true convertible implant with onepiece
solid strength and two-piece versatility.
Universal Hex Connection
3.0 to 4.75mm, One Piece Implants.
Many clinicians have achieved excellent success with external hex dental implant systems introduced by Professor Per-Ingvan Brånemark over four decades ago. This record of successful clinical experiences combined with technological advances developed by Intra-Lock inspired a new generation and a new standard of excellence for this classic design.
Intra-Lock’s Unihex™ Implant’s macro and micro design are based upon many of the technological advances found in Intra-Lock’s Internal Connection Implant System. The selection of implant architectures are engineered to be “site-specific” and to encourage physiologic harmony. OSSEAN®, Intra-Lock’s hydrophillic and biologically active surface treatment, activates the body’s natural healing abilities and stimulates bone cell metabolism; encouraging accelerated healing and greater bone-to-implant contact.
For the implant surgeon, this broad-based system will help ensure an ideal bone response when compromised volume, density, and extraction site defects are encountered. A single family of prosthetic components offer the restorative dentist unparalleled sophistication in oral rehabilitation, with simplicity in treatment planning and instrumentation.
OSSEAN® is Intra-Lock’s biologically active implant surface treatment. It is designed to activate the body’s naturally healing abilities and to induce primary stability during the critical stage after placement2.The structure’s differential topography begins at the surface and extends beyond the nanoscale level. Characterized by this fractal topography, OSSEAN® can be observed to have a similar surface structure at all levels of magnification. Calcium Phosphate impregnated at the molecular level, increases host-to-implant biocompatibility and biomechanical response.
Surface profilometry by Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) demonstrates a complex surface at various level of magnification4 as preferred roughness, topography, micro and nano structure that encourages the healing process. Beyond the nanometric level, an ideal surface for fibrin attachment is revealed. At the micrometric level, the pattern is ideal for platelet deposition5. Under a lower magnification, the pattern shows a congruency for osteoblast ingrowth6, Beyond the nano level, calcium phosphate molecules are impregnated7 in the thick titanium oxide layer as confirmed by AUGER Spectroscopy when an electron beam of 15 nanometer diameter is shot at the surface8.
Multiple implant architectures address a wide variety of clinical applications. Selection of an ideal configuration, thread profile, and abutment can maximize aesthetic and functional success. Biologicaly and clinically driven evidence designs enhance initial stability and preserve peri-implan soft and hard tissue.
• Single Universal Hex – Identical for
All 3 Prosthetic Tables
• Esthetic Short Collar
• Micro-thread Cortical Design
• Self-tapping Thread Unique to
Each Implant Diameter
• OSSEAN® Hydrophillic and
Biologically Active Surface
• Drive-Lock™ Technology for Removal,
Insertion and final Seating
• Single Surgical Kit – Simplified and Color Coded
• Same Prosthetic Components for all Implants
• One Fixation Screw and One Driver
Intra-Lock’s Universal Hex Connection utilizes the standard Branemark 2.7mm wide and 0.7mm tall hex connection making it fully compatible with the most widely used prosthetic standard. This connection is shared by all the system’s titanium alloy implant architectures; 3.4mm, 3.75mm, 4.0mm and 4.75mm diameters.
Intra-Lock’s Clinical Retaining Screw (HRS2), characterized by a proprietary enhanced microscopic surface structure, allows the maximum amount of pre-stress to be applied when tightening the final restoration. This combination of quality, strength, and technology are critical factors in reducing micro-movement, minimizing micro-leakage and avoiding screw loosening for long lasting, trouble free restoration.
A single family of abutment designs can be used with any of the three prosthetic platforms: Narrow, Standard or Wide for increased simplicity, versatility, affordability, stability and enhanced aesthetics. A broad spectrum of restorative abutments enables a full range of treatment plan options. The restorative solutions may be from a simple cemented or screw-retained crown or bridge to full arch reconstruction with either attachments or fixed-removable bar designs. In addition, abutments are available for the use of the advanced, highly aesthetic CAD/CAM technology.
An optional restorative feature available for the 4.75mmØ Unihex Implant is the Wide Platform (WP) Prosthetic Series. The abutments embrace almost the full diameter of the implant without descrete platform shifting. The advantage is to provide a wider emerging profile. Included in the optional WP Prosthetic Series are Healing Abutments, Straight and Angled two-piece Abutments for Cemented Prostheses, Castable Cylinders, Transfer and Laboratory Analogs.
Drive-Lock™ technology enables the smooth, simple, uninterrupted delivery from sterile package to implant site without the need for a removable implant mount. Implant delivery and placement is accomplished with a single ergonomic motion, economy of instrumentation and without deformation of the external hex prosthetic interface.
Additionally, the tip of the Drive-Lock™ is a 1.3 mm hex driver, designed to carry the cover screw to the implant and thread it into place.
1. Shibli J A, Grassi S, Piatelli A, Pecora G E, Ferrari D S, Onuna T, d’Avila S, Coelho P G, Barros R, Iezzi G, Histomorphometric Evaluation of Bioceramic Molecular Impregnated and Dual Acid Etched Implant Surfaces in the Human Posterior Maxilla, Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research, Vol, No., 2009 DIGITAL OBJECT IDENTIFIER (DOI) 10.1111/j.1708-8208.2009.00174.x
2. Berglundh T, Abrahamsson I, Lang N P, Lindhe J, De Novo Alveolar Bone Formation Adjacent to Endosseous Implant. A model study in the dog, Clinical Oral Impl. Res. 14, 2003/ 251-262
3. Shibli J , et al.
4. Coelho PG, Personal communications. Manuscript in preparation 2008.
5. Kikuchi L, Park J Y, Victor C, Daives J E, Platelet Interactions with Calcium-phosphate- coated surfaces, Biomaterials 2005 Sep: 26(26): 5285-5285.
6. Vetrone F 7 AL. Platelet interactions with calcium phosphate-coated surfaces. Biomaterials, volume 26, Issue 26, Pages 5267-5426 (September 2005).
7. David M. Dohan Ehrenfest1, , Paulo G. Coelho2, Byung-Soo Kang1, Young-Taeg Sul1 and Tomas Albrektsson1, Classification of osseointegrated implant surfaces: materials, chemistry and topography, Trends in Biotechnology, doi:10.1016/j.tibtech.2009.12.003.
8. Coelho PG, Granjeiro JM, Romanos G E, Suzuki M, Silva NR F, Cardaropoli G, Thompson V P, Lemons Je, Review Basic Research Methods and Current Trend of Dental Implant Surfaces, Journal of Biomedical Material Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials 88B, 579-596, 2009.
9. Coelho PG, Suzuki M, Guimaraes MV, Marin C, Granato R, Gil JN, Miller RJ., Early Bone Healing around Different Implant Bulk Designs and Surgical Techniques: A Study in Dogs. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2009 May 7.
Sales and Technical Service: +1 877-330-0338
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST | UNITED STATES
6560 West Rogers Circle, Suite 24 • Boca Raton, FL 33487
©2017 Intra-Lock International | Made in the USA