Company Overview. Intra-Lock History.
Nano-profilomatry and calcium impregnated
surface is found on all Intra-Lock implants.
The Cutting Edge.
Helical Self-Tapping Configuration
Better Healing From Within.
IntraSpin™, a FDA cleared medical device for
the production of L-PRF™
One connection for ALL implant diameters...
one very special implant system.
InDex™ has multiple implant architectures, both
Tapered and Straight Bodies, included in this internal
connection implant system.
Designed for Extraction
& IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT.
Premier small diameter system features
one-step delivery, Cement-Over Abutments,
multiple tread designs
A true convertible implant with onepiece
solid strength and two-piece versatility.
Universal Hex Connection
3.0 to 4.75mm, One Piece Implants.
ReOss® is indicated for use in filling and/or augmenting intraoral/maxillofacial osseous defects; such as infrabony/intrabony periodontal osseous defects, furcation defects, alveolar ridge osseous defects, tooth extraction sites and in sinus elevation procedures.
ReOss® has a multi-pore three-dimensional architecture that creates an environment for new bone growth. The scaffold also provides a hospitable adhesive substrate that serves as a strong physical support for the infusion and growth of bone cells. The entire structure is an intricate, highly interconnected matrix with enhanced hydrophilic properties. Through a patented process utilizing barosynthesis, the biomaterial’s highly porous, synthetic polymer foam is permeated with osteoconductive sub-micron sized particles of HA. ReOss’s bone-like foam scaffold, osteoconductivity, and increased hydrophilic surface provide an environment for the stimulation of bone regeneration.
• 100% Synthetic • Osteo Adhesive Topography
• Strong 3-D Scaffold • Osteoconductive
• Enhanced Hydrophilicity
ReOss® is hydrophilic and configured as a multi-pore three-dimensional scaffold engineered to integrate with the physiochemical state of bone tissue.
ReOss® is a composite biomaterial comprised of two phases - a PLGA biodegradable polymer and a bioceramic. The polymer provides a structurally stable, porous and biocompatible5,6,7 three-dimensional matrix to which biological fluids can penetrate, and cells can adhere. The HA bioceramic, due to its chemical and structural similarity to the mineral phase of native bone, allows the biocomposite to create a bond with the living host bone.2,11
In order to improve the bioactivity of the ceramic phase, ReOss® utilizes Sub-Micron-sized particulate Hydroxyapatite (HA). This particulate size HA shows improved osteointegration and faster degradation times over larger particulate HA, which can impede bone growth because of its slow biodegradation.1,2 Sub-Micron-sized HA also has been reported to augment protein adsorption and cell adhesion, further improving the ability for bone to regenerate.2
The porosity of the polymer matrix of ReOss® also provides an excellent environment to aid in stimulating bone regeneration. Through a patented process involving high-pressure formation of the polymer matrix, ReOss® is replete with both macro and micropores. The micropores allow biological fluids and small molecules, which aid in cell growth to perfuse the matrix, enveloping and sustaining the osteogenic cells that attach to the macropores of the scaffolds. As the cells begin to grow and develop, both phases of the biocomposite degrade, leaving behind a stable, natural bone matrix.7,8,9
Several studies have shown that biodegradable polymer/bioceramic composites can improve bone regeneration as compared with conventional composites by optimizing controlled resorption, osteogenesis and osteointegration.1,2,11 By controlling the parameters which determine the characteristics of resorption and osteoinductivity, ReOss® provides a superior vector for the stimulation of new bone growth.
ReOss® Bone Growth Initiator is a high purity biocomposite which is synthesized utilizing a special process involving high pressure formation.
( Mouse Over Image to Zoom )
SEM Image of ReOss® Biocomposite
300x Showing Internal Structure
of an Individual Granule
( Mouse Over Image to Zoom )
SEM Image of ReOss® Biocomposite
10,000x Showing Porous Nature
of the PLGA Matrix
1. Poly (lactide-co-glycolide)/hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. Kim et al. Biomaterials 27(2006) 1399-1409.
2. A poly (lactide-co-glycolide)/hydroxyapatite composite scaffold with enhanced osteoconductivity. Kim et al. Journal of Biomedical Research Part A Vol 80A
Issue 1, pp 206-215.
3. Comparison of Osteogenic Potential Between Apatite-Coated Poly (lactide-co-glycolide)/Hydroxy apatite Particulates and Bio-Oss. Kim et al. Dental Materials Journal 2008; 27(3): 368-375.
4. Peripheral nerve regeneration within an asymmetrically porous PLGA/ Pluronic F127 nerve guide conduit. Oh et al. Biomaterials 29(2008) 1601-1609
5. Sterilization, toxicity, biocompatibility and clinical applications of polylactic acid/polyglycolic acid copolymers. Athanasiou et al. Biomaterials 17 (1996) 93-102
6. In vitro biocompatibility of bioresorbable polymers: poly(L-lactide) and poly(lactide-co-glycolide). A. Ignatius, L. E. Claes Biomaterials, Volume 17, Issue 8, 1996, Pages 831-839
7. Biodegradation and biocompatibility of PLA and PLGA microspheres. James M. Anderson, Matthew S. Shiva Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews Volume 28, Issue 1, 13 October 1997, Pages 5-24
8. Resorbability of bone substitute biomaterials by human osteoclasts. Schilling et al. Biomaterials, Volume 25, Issue 18, Aug 2004, pp 3963-3972.
9. The biodegradation of hydroxyapatite bone graft substitutes in vivo. Rumpel et al. Folia Morphology Volume 65, No 1, pp 43-48
10. Biocompatibility of Scaffold Components and Human Bone Fetal Cells. Montjovent et al. European Cells and Material Vol.5. Suppl. 2,2003 p.79
11. Biodegradable and bioactive porous polymer/inorganic composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. Rezwan et al. Biomaterials 27(2006) 3413-3431
12. Physico/Chemical characterization, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of ReOss® and Synthograft particulate grafting materials. Coimbra et al.
Sales and Technical Service: +1 877-330-0338
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST | UNITED STATES
6560 West Rogers Circle, Suite 24 • Boca Raton, FL 33487
©2017 Intra-Lock International | Made in the USA